Reviewers must have "Allow review" set to YES
Reviewers must have Topics chosen/allocated to them (Reviewer's assignment to abstracts in bulk is related to Topics assigned to a paper)
Note! If there are more than one topic/category on an abstract, a reviewer has to have all of these chosen before the abstract is assigned onto them.
- On the left menu click go to menu "4. Reviewing/Faculty"
- Select menu "4.06 Assign Abstracts - Bulk"
- In here have 5 options
- Specify Maximum number of abstracts per reviewer (by default it is 50, refer to below for "Advanced Users" on how to get an accurate number)
- Specify Maximum number of reviewers per abstract (by default it is 3)
- Optional "Assign Abstracts with Status": In case you wish to assign only abstract with specific Status
- Optional "Assign with Topic(s)": In case you wish to assign only abstract with specifics Topics (this is a multi select)
- Optional "Filter Reviewers" by a demographic field. See here for more details.
- Click "Assign" button
- Finally, click 4.05 Activate Review Preview
- Congratulations. You have now assigned the abstracts in bulk.
In case you have made a mistake, I would like to correct the whole assigning again check the box "Replace previous assignment".
Also certain topics may have very small numbers of papers. So allocating less reviewers to these topics is a good choice and using those reviewers for popular topics which have many papers.
There will always be some debris at the end to make manual assignment, but if you workout the numbers of topics for reviewer then that debris will be much less.
For Advanced Users:
How to calculate maximum number of reviewers per abstract?
Use this formula = "Total number of abstracts/papers" times by "Maximum number of abstracts per reviewer" and then divide by Number of Accepted Reviewers.
E.g. Total number of abstracts/papers 636
Maximum number of reviewers per abstract 3
Maximum number of reviewers per abstract = (636 x 3) / 37 = 51 (rounded to the nearest whole number)
Today we do not have the possibility of setting the "Minimum number of reviewers per abstract:" in the Bulk Assignment.