This upcoming feature will make it easier to process refunds and exchange one activity for another in our system.
When an attendee makes a purchase, we create an order and collect payment. The ability to issue credit notes will mean that if an activity is removed, a positive balance will appear in the account that can be either refunded or applied toward a different activity.
When will credit notes be created?
- When an attendee removes activities via the registration form.
- When a project administrator removes activities from the View Participant Summary.
- When a project administrator removes activities in bulk from the bottom of the View Participants screen.
How will the credit notes work?
The project administrator can either:
- Refund the payment shown in the credit note (via a payment code such as ‘Refund’).
- Apply the credit to a new activity.
What happens if my event has already started receiving registrations?
- The feature will integrate seamlessly with existing registrations. After the functionality has been released, credit notes will be issued when activities are removed, but only those registrations that have activities removed from their records will be impacted.
We will release more information about this in due course. However, if you would like early access to this work, we invite you to join our Early Access Group! Learn more here!