[Section 1.01 Participant Registration] -> Hotel Booking Tab
The hotel page on the registration form first needs to be activated in Menu 1.01 ‘Participant Registration’ under the ‘Hotel Booking page’ section.
This is where you can also set the default arrival and departure dates which you expect for the majority of bookings; First Possible Arrival and Last Possible Departure dates.
Once this is done, you can set up the content of the hotel page through Menus 3.21, 3.22 and 3.23. The following can be defined through these menu items:
3.21 Hotels - Creating your hotels
- Select ‘New record’ to add a new hotel
- Enter Hotel Id, Hotel Name and the full address (including country where hotel is)
- Fill in ‘Information Link’ that has a link to a webpage with hotel information. If you do add a website link, this is where you indicate what text should appear with the link.
- *Important note* Hotels are available for all projects. If you create one hotel you will see it in another project (therefore you don’t need to keep recreating hotels).
- *Important note* Room Categories are optional for deluxe or sea view rooms
- Select ‘New record’ for Room Categories
- Give the new record a ‘Room Category ID’ and ‘Category Name’
3.22 Room Types - Creating your room type
- Select ‘New record’ for Room Types
- Give the new record a ‘Room Type ID’, ‘Room Type Name’ = description of the first room type to appear on the form
- *Important note* If you have custom allotments, e.g. Hilton Allotment, you can create a “fake” Room Type as Allotment and link it with Single and Double rooms to “feed” (take number of rooms) from this allotment
3.23 Allotment - Creating your allotments (i.e. Hotel options that will appear on the form)
- Select Hotel and Room Type and click New button
- If needed, change the Minimum Arrival and Departure dates that were selected by default when clicking “New” button
- Enter the amount of rooms you have available (e.g. 20)
- If VAT Code is needed, please create this in 3.14 VAT Codes then select from the drop down list the code required in the allotment
- The price per night for each room type
Include ‘Price Excl and Incl VAT if required
Please note that the price format must include decimals – for example £120 = 12000
*Important note* Require full payment: you need to tick this box if you want the delegate to pay for his entire stay at the hotel at the time he books. Otherwise please indicate the deposit amount as indicated above. Deposit: this is where you set the deposit amount should you only require part payment of the room.
Admin Only: tick this box if you don’t want the hotel to appear on the public registration form e.g. it will NOT be advertised to the delegate but the administrator is still able to make bookings via the admin registration form [menu 4.05].
For example, you have a hotel set aside for VIP delegates only. Only the administrator is able to make bookings at this hotel on behalf of the VIPs and thus the hotel should not be advertised to all delegates. If this is the case tick this box and the hotel will only appear on the admin form.
Inactive: if the hotel is fully booked, tick this box and the hotel will not be displayed to delegates on the registration form.
- Modifying existing allotment
If you need to change the number of rooms, you can put a minus sign (-5) and click save and it will change the number
- Showing room availability on the form
If needed, you can hide room availability, you go to 1.01 Participant Registration and select Hotel Booking tab. Set ‘Display Room Availability’ to NO.
- Filtering Hotels
If needed, you can include or exclude certain hotels by activities. These options are set in 3.24 menu
- 6.03 Select Report and select “Hotel Allotment Reports” and select ‘Report’ to check the reports lists in excel format.
- 6.10 Rooming List Report -> This will give the list of participants that booked hotels
- Rooming List - Date per column with totals - a report that shows you number of nights per each day booked